Please join us Saturday June 29th 4pm to 7pm for a fundraiser benefiting the Arthritis Foundation’s California Coast Classic (CCC is a 500+ mile ride down the California Coast)
We will be serving beverages including custom Margaritas & snacks. Lots of Raffle items and door prizes!
Last year was a blast! Hope you all can make it!!
Not many can say this, much less relate, but I can’t wait to get back to Velo Hangar. It’s not that I’m worried about what may have happened while I was gone, I’m not. I have a wonderful, under appreciated, knowledgeable team at VH. I’m sure Laurel & Matt had a great week! ( especially being Gordon free..). It’s more about what Velo Hangar is to me. It’s not just a bike shop, it’s not just my workplace, in a way it’s my “family”. Sounds weird I know.
When friends go out of town wether its overnight or for a few days, they miss their kids & family. I might not have a wife & kids but I do have Velo Hangar. You guys are my family.
I’m back in the shop tomorrow & honestly I can’t wait to see each and every one of you..
Thank you for the VH love!
Nope not talking about the weather we had a couple weeks ago in San Diego. I’m talking about my upcoming vacation in Kentucky.
Yep, I’m going home, for a week possibly to remember how much I love California. I am heading back for the 2013 UCI Cyclocross World Championships. It will be a historic weekend especially since it’s the 1st time CX Worlds have been outside Europe. Somehow Louisville won the bid… crazy. I also decided to take a few extra days to visit my family and some friends I haven’t seen in many years. Sounds like there are a lot of San Diegans joining me in my home state for the race. Keep your eyes open for photos of my trip..
For those of you smart enough to stay here in Cali where I am sure the forecast will be sunny and warm, the shop will be open while I am away. Matt Jaberg, a very good friend and fantastic wrench, will be filling my repair stand for the week starting Thursday the 31st (until Thursday the 7th when I return). Matt has loads of experience working at shops across the country including B&L, Nytro & works part time with me at Velo Hangar. It will be strange with me not there but, if you need some repairs please go visit Matt & Laurel!
I will be out of the shop Wednesday the 30th till Thursday the 7th.
Music right now: The Creeping Vine by The Mountain Firework Company
Socks: Stance Ragtag
T-shirt: “Tuned by” Thermal LS
Book: The Responsible Company: What We’ve Learned from Patagonia’s First 40 years
Favorite Bike (this week): 2012 Yeti SB-95 Race
Long time no hear..
I am excited to announce we are an Auhtorized Oakley Dealer as of today! It was a long strange trip but Oakley was one of the few brands that I knew I wanted to sell at the shop. As most of you may know I will only sell products in Velo Hangar that I use and will stand behind the product 100%. Really excited to add Oakley to our brands!! Although I haven’t placed my first order, if anyone needs to order a gift or stocking stuffer ground shipping from Oakley HQ is 1 day.
We have also picked up Clement Tires. Elliot and I have been trying out a few different models from their line and we are very impressed. Tread patterns are fast, sidewalls on the clinchers are pretty tough & the tubulars are tubeless (so no pinch flats!). I have the X’PLOR clinchers, MXP, PDX & LAS tubulars in stock. Come by and check them out!
Last but not least I brought in Lezyne LED lights. Hands down the best LED high powered lights I have come across. CNC Aluminum, rechargeable & full of tech goodness! We have sold through a few orders so far. These would be a great Holiday present!!
Someone once told me good things happen to good people… I must be one of them.
What can I say other than Thank You! Great turnout at the Velo Hangar 1st Anniversary Party last night! Thanks everyone for celebrating with us, supporting the shop and helping us turn Velo Hangar into the coolest little bike boutique in San Diego! I am very blessed to have all the support I do. A special thanks to the besets biz partner anyone could ask for, Laurel (aka @velobarista). I’d also like to thank my interns and special helpers… Tony Berg, Matt Jaberg, Elliot Reinecke & Takumi my “shop kid”.
A quick summary of last nights festivities if in case you could not make it…
- The Montalban Quintet setup early and played for a little over 2 hours after a stellar performance at The Belly Up the night before. Jim, Carl & Julie all wore Velo Hangar “Stripe” T’s, so awesome. This band is the real deal. You can tell they love playing together, they feed off each other. It shows in their sound. Fantastic.
- Bull Taco delivered street taco’s to the party. We ordered enough for 150 people thinking we’d have a few left…. not. To this day I still haven’t eaten anything at any of our parties (aside from a hot.dog.on.a.stick at the last party). Several times I noticed the line was wrapping around the parking lot. Awesome.
- Lots of the regular crew stopped by, loved seeing you all! As well as several 1st timers! A couple people I haven’t seen in 2 or so years even stopped by.. Jeff Menoun from my Quintana Roo/Real Design days, Sean DeGruchy, Jill Hamilton, Lawerence & Mike (from Mirraco) among others.. It was a busy night my apologies if I left you out. Great times.
- Lots of newbies too. Love seeing the reaction the first time people walk into the shop. The lifts, the high ceilings, the open atmosphere… Beautiful.
- The keg was drained about 3 hours in… Luckily the bottled reserves were aplenty. I had a few sixers of Leffe, PBR, Old Speckled Hen, Beck’s & Lagunitas in reserve. I believe I counted numerous other cocktails refreshing the crowd as well. Good Times.
- Josh from Hoehn Audi stopped by at the end of the night in a 2013 Audi RS5. Thankfully I had kept my drinking to a minimum (1 Velo Hangar) and was able to take it out. 450hp, 317 ft lbs of torque, naturally aspirated. Love. it. Took it up into the hills of Del Mar into the twisties. Growl.
Thanks again for a great party & a great year! Looking forward to many many more (parties & years..)!!!