It might be February but someone hasn’t told California. It’s 75 degrees and sunny right now, not trying to rub it in but we were all expecting El Niño to drench us. We’ve had a few days of rain but not that much.. I’ll admit I was pretty worried about the rain. If people aren’t riding they don’t need their bikes worked on. What I noticed though is that if people can’t ride it’s a perfect time to get their bikes worked on, that’s what I get for thinking. Anyway, it’s been a pretty good winter, business is pretty steady.
I’ve had a couple kit preorders go through in the past couple months. If you ordered the Navy kit, please be patient we ran out of some materials so they are running a bit late. It’s not the norm. They should be shipping to you this week. The Spring kits sold pretty well! Thanks to all of you you bought these. Can’t wait to see them in person! I’ll have another kit launch in the summer. Think bold. Bold lines, Bold colors..
On a personal note, it’s been a month of ups and downs. On one hand my parents are in town for a visit, for the month. For some that might sound scary, for me it’s great. For one the stay in Oceanside, they spend an equal time between sight seeing, me and visiting my sister and her family. My Dad has always been one of my best friends so having him around is great, Linda isn’t so bad either.. So far with work being somewhat busy, we’ve met for dinner a couple times. This weekend though we’ll go on an adventure.
On he bad side.. One of my hero’s, a client & a friend committed suicide. I’m not going to bring out all my dirty laundry here but, I would like to say there are people all around us struggling. Struggling in life, struggling with disease, struggling with relationships,.. It’s important to have that friend to talk to whether it’s a professional or your best friend. I’m very fortunate to have so many friends, true friends. They are what keep me going day after day.
- Working on a new t-shirt as always right? Thinking it will be an original design.
- New kit design is in the works. The next one will be launched this summer. It’s going to be standard kit unlike the Special Editions like the Spring kit. Theme will be BOLD. As with all my other kits this one will be designed to match the other pieces I’ve brought out in the past.
- There is another kit in process but, it’s wacky. Way different than anything I’ve done before. Jersey, bib, arm warmers maybe even a vest who knows. Hey if I only sell the minimum I’m ok with that. If it takes shape we’re looking at a fall release.
- Still working on a retail space. My idea of what I want keeps whittling down. More boutique less superstore. What I’m missing most biz wise is VH branded merch sales. The BigCartel site works but I don’t get the same sell through.
- Music playing:: Deer Tick “Dirty Dishes”
- Coffee:: Ironsmith Coffee “espresso”
- T-shirt:: Viva Velo Hangar
- Socks:: SockGuy VH checker wool
- Bike in the stand:: Yeti SB5C (new build)
Thats it for now. Need to get out of coffee shop mode and into the garage.